- Summary of How We Use Your Data
- Information We Collect From You
- How We Use Information and The Legal Basis
- Data Sharing
- Data Retention
- Data Security
- Contact Us
1. Summary of how we use your data and your rights
We use your Data to provide and improve our products and services, including for marketing, research, feedback and enquiries, and for safety and security purposes.
We will use your data to comply with laws and regulations. We may use your data to prevent and detect crime, such as fraud.
You can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time. To opt out of marketing, including profiling for direct marketing purposes, you can either adjust the preference settings in your App account, or select “unsubscribe” in emails, or email ContactUs@CostaKuwait.com.
If you enable location services on the app, or you access the location finder on our sites and your browser settings allow this, your device will identify and alert you to the nearest Costa Store and Costa Express to your location.
AILFR is a part of the Alghanim Industries group of companies. For details of how personal data is shared with Alghanim Industries, please see the “Data Sharing” section below.
2. Information we collect from you
We collect information when you use our Services. This includes store visits, using our App or Site, or corresponding with us. In particular:
- We keep information you give us directly including but not limited to contact details (including name, surname, email, address and telephone number), date of birth, gender, nationality, marital status, region, frequency of visits, comments, feedbacks, marketing opinions, competition entries and any kind of interactions with us.
- We record and analyze store, web and app visits, details of your purchases and where you take advantage of our promotions.
- If there is an incident, we may need to log information about it.
- If you engage with us online via the App our cookies and similar technologies will capture your IP address, your location, your device information (including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier - for example, your device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, device location) and record how you use the App to help improve it and improve your user experience, where your browser settings or permission allows for this.
- If you post information online about us or provide feedback, we may keep a record.
- We use CCTV in our stores for the prevention and detection of crime and for safety and security reasons.
3. How we use information and the legal basis
We are allowed to use your data only if we have a proper reason to do so such as:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you;
- When it is in our legitimate interest;
- When you consent to it; or
- To comply with the law.
Our legitimate interests include keeping our records up to date, fulfilling our legal, compliance and contractual duties, working out which of our products and services may interest you, improving our App, and services, developing new products and services, and telling you about them and conducting market research.
Our legitimate interests include but not limited to:
To run and promote our business, we use your information;
- To provide and improve our products and services,
- To capture and record all types of communications for staff training, quality improvement purposes and establishing facts and to deal with concerns or complaints that you may raise,
- To understand you better as a customer by analyzing your transactions and other information you provide to us or which we learn through your interactions with us,
- To send you communications including offers and marketing materials,
- To contact you where you provide us with market research feedback,
- To pass this data to a third-party business partner of ours for analysis.
If you give us consent, we;
- Send you electronic marketing, including promotions and offers, in relation to our products and services if you are a member of our Costa Coffee Club loyalty program. Loyalty program members can subscribe or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time. For instance, preferences can be adjusted in account settings from the app.
- Through the settings on your device, send you push notifications through the app.
- If you use the store locator in the app and enable location services, it will notify you of the nearest Costa Coffee store.
Nevertheless, you have a right to opt-out of direct marketing, including profiling for direct marketing purposes, at any time. You can opt out of marketing by selecting “unsubscribe” in emails or by adjusting the preference settings on your Costa Coffee Club account or by emailing email@example.com.
When the law requires us to process your data we will do so.
4. Data sharing
AILFR is part of Alghanim Industries group of companies. Details of the Alghanim Industries group of companies can be found on our corporate website at www.alghanim.com.
We share your Data with our business partners such as Costa International and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, our service providers, vendors, consultants, marketing partners who need access to such Data to perform their engagement with us.
By signing up to the App, you explicitly grant Alghanim Industries the right to collect, store, retain, review, use, process internally or with third parties and transfer to their third parties service providers, any Personal Data that you submit for all Alghanim Industries business purposes, including without limitation marketing to you, answering your queries, considering your employment application, running data analysis, order fulfillment and other customer service provided to you and for administrative purposes and for accounting, tax and audit requirements. You certify that you submitted your Personal Data voluntarily and that such Personal Data is true, accurate, complete and up to date.
If our business is to be integrated with another business or sold, your details would be shared with our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s advisers. Your information will be passed to the new owners and you would be notified.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials for the prevention or detection of crime, if required by law or if required for a legal or contractual claim.
5. Data retention
We keep your data to enable us to fulfil our contract with you or to provide services, whilst you are an active user of our App or Site or where required by law or to protect legal rights.
We always look to keep your data for the minimum time in line with data protection principles and our processes and in order to preserve the integrity of our databases, to carry out on-going Services on your behalf, for research, analytics and statistics purposes and to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, we retain your data for a reasonable length of time.
We may keep your data for longer if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
6. Data Security
We make every effort to ensure that your Data is secure on our system and our staff and third party service providers are aware of our security practices. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, AILFR DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO THE APP OR AS A RESULT OF YOUR ENROLMENT IN MEMBERSHIP, OR WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY AILFR, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF A PATENT, TRADEMARK OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT. THE APP, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, INFORMATION AND LINKS CONTAINED THEREIN, IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY THAT IT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THIS EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTIONS, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORIES.
6. Contact details
If you have any questions, comments and requests related to this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.